IYT College Academy
Improve Your Tomorrow, Inc. (IYT) is an education college access, and completion nonprofit focused on increasing the number of young men of color to attend and graduate from colleges and universities. IYT is an AmeriCorps partner organization serving 2,000 students in Sacramento County, Stockton, and college students across the nation.
Reporting to the Director of College Academy, the Program Manager is responsible for student impact, building and sustaining a strong school partnership, and ensuring an impactful AmeriCorps member experience. This individual has direct accountability for meeting the organization’s bottom line goals in the following areas: academic readiness, GPA, college eligibility, attendance, and student retention. The Program Manager will oversee 2 school sites in Sacramento County.
- Responsible for meeting program’s annual goals, including GPA, college attendance, program engagement, A-G completion, and retention
- Directly oversees the implementation of IYT core services
- Oversee program data tracking through salesforce
- Responsible for the financial operation at the site, including tracking and managing expenses
- Contributes to building a culture of philanthropy at IYT by assisting with fundraising activities
- Create and manage program calendar
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Meet monthly/biweekly/weekly with school site key stakeholders, including principals, assistant principals, teachers, and other school site staff
- Administer and oversee student site councils and parent site councils
- Participate in school site meetings or special events, including but not limited to staff meetings, sporting events, potlucks, etc.
AmeriCorps Member Experience
- Oversees and provides weekly one on one coaching sessions to 5-10 half time AmeriCorps members who serve as academic mentors, program assistants, and college advisors
- Participate in quarterly learning and development opportunities
- Assist AmeriCorps Director in meeting grant expectations and reporting requirements
- Believe in the mission, vision, and values of Improve Your Tomorrow, Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years required working directly with young men of color, preferably in an academic setting.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Strong interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate others to action
- Management experience preferred
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm (30-minute lunch). Some weekends are required.
Salary: Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Benefits include vision, health, dental, 401K, and 5 weeks paid vacation.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
** Important Note: Fingerprinting is required for employment, with expense covered by the employer