Improve Your Tomorrow (IYT) was founded in 2013 with the mission to increase the number of young men of color (YMOC) to attend and graduate from colleges and universities. We envision a world where men of color are overrepresented in higher education, underrepresented in the criminal justice system, and leaders in their communities. With remarkable resilience, authenticity, and passion, we work to combat academic inequities and build a college to community pipeline.
Reporting to the Director of IYT U/CC, the IYT U/College Academy Program Manger will formulate partnerships with communities in Humboldt County and across the North Coast to further IYT’s mission and vision. In this role, the Program Manager will oversee the IYT College Academy, and IYT U programs; and build new and strengthen existing partnerships; oversee implementation of core services; coordinate staff development and implementation of programming.
- Directly oversees IYT U Humboldt State, IYT College Academy, and IYT CC program and is responsible for meeting the program's annual goals, including GPA, college retention, college graduation, and program engagement.
- Ensure site accountability to the program expectations and requirements as outlined in the district memorandum of understandings.
- Develop strong partnerships with IYT schools to support overall program goals, ensure fidelity to the IYT program model
- Oversees the implementation of IYT core services
- Oversee program data tracking through Salesforce
- Responsible for the financial operation at the site, including tracking and managing expenses
- Meet monthly/biweekly/weekly with college site key stakeholders
- Oversees and provides weekly one on one coaching sessions to AmeriCorps members
- Strategically map out a program schedule, processes, and timeline and ensure it is followed.
- Develop an effective plan of action for running our programs from inception to completion.
- Facilitate structured site visits with policymakers and program supporters at essential IYT schools to educate interested parties on the program model.
- Ensure the region has a thriving IYT presence along with strong student outcomes at program sites.
- Believe in the mission, vision, and values of IYT
- Knows and can successfully articulate the organization and program mission, vision, and values to other stakeholders and collaborators;
- Excellent communication skills and judgment with the ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality;
- Ability to operate with an appropriate, responsible level of transparency and vulnerability, engendering confidence and trust
- Ability to self-motivate to achieve results
- A multi-tasker with a solid ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and produce quality results
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and occasional late nights.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience managing, coaching, training, and developing leaders.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Adaptability and flexibility in the face of changing conditions; tolerance for adversity and uncertainty.
- Experience working with young men of color in an academic setting (preferred)
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Microsoft Suite application
Schedule: Full time with occasional weekend work events
Salary/Benefits: Hourly rate range is $21.64 - $26.44. Benefits include vision, health, dental, 401K, and five weeks paid vacation.
Work Location: The Director will work at one of our partnering sites in Arcata, California.
Apply now at www.improveyourtomorrow.org.
IYT is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.